Simple Shipping *
- Free Shipping on orders over $89
- Ship your entire order to your home for free, especially the big stuff!
- $10 Flat-Rate Shipping
- Anything under $89 ships at one low price. If your order increases, your shipping stays the same!
- Custom Order Restocking Fee
- We charge a 15% or more restocking fee on all custom orders.
We can ship items directly to Canada, however please call 805-285-2618 for more information, or refer to the Shipping Policies, below.
* Not all items qualify for our Simple Shipping program.
* This flat rate or free shipping policy applies to products shipped via standard shipping to locations in the contiguous 48 states. TheBBQHQ reserves the right to choose delivery type (parcel or freight), carrier, and service level of each shipment shipped via standard shipping. In the event of freight shipments, standard shipping includes curb-side delivery and lift gate service. If special considerations are required for curb-side delivery (ex: hard to reach areas such as up flights of stairs or a rooftop condo, etc), these special considerations will be an additional fee and are not included in standard shipping. Our Simple Shipping Policy does not apply to items that require you to call for pricing, as these sometimes require special delivery considerations.
Our in-stock orders should take about 7-14 business days to reach a customer. Any custom orders will take approximately 4-16 weeks. Direct shipments are made to continental US locations only. Special provisions apply to shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada, as outlined below.
If you order an item that’s accompanied by a free shipping icon on our website, TheBBQHQ won’t charge a shipping fee for that item when delivered to US locations (except for Alaska and Hawaii). Shipments to Alaska and Hawaii aren’t eligible for free shipping, and the customer is responsible for all duties and tariffs on shipments to those states.
How We Handle Shipping
We reserve the right to choose which freightway carries your shipment. We don’t, however, control the shipping companies themselves (whether it’s a standard courier or a freight carrier — more on that last one in a minute). Once a shipment is in the hands of the delivery company, we can’t change shipping addresses or arrange for delivery to happen on a certain day. We can provide approximate delivery times, but that’s only based upon the information the delivery company makes available to us. That being said, we’re still standing by at 805-285-2618 to help in the event there’s an issue with your delivery.
Must-Know Information for Delivery of Large Packages
While UPS and FedEx are our carriers for smaller items, be aware that larger items and orders are shipped via freight. The freight process is much more complicated than what we’ve all come to expect for small parcels, so it’s important that you’re prepared and understand what’s required of you well before delivery day. Freight delivery differs from standard parcel shipping in the following ways:
- You’ll receive a call from the freight carrier to schedule a delivery window
- You must be physically present at the delivery site during the scheduled time
- Freight deliveries are made from semi trucks with lift gate services
- Freight shipments are dropped off at the curb — not the backyard, not the porch, not the garage, and not up the driveway — meaning you’re responsible for transporting it to its intended location
- You should plan to have at least 2 helpers on standby to assist you with your delivery
- You’re required to sign for the shipment upon accepting the delivery
It’s worth reiterating: all freight shipments, unless specifically denoted, are delivered no further than the curbside, and all freight shipments require a signature at the time of delivery. If you authorize the shipping company to leave the delivery without a signature, TheBBQHQ can’t be held responsible for damages that occur during delivery. As complicated as this process may seem, we’ve only scratched the surface here — please review our detailed guide to freight delivery so there are no surprises when a freight shipment heads your way.
Shipping to Remote Areas
Be aware that remote or hard-to-reach areas may incur additional shipping fees, and this applies to free shipping as well as regular shipping orders. If your order is being shipped to a location with known shipping restrictions, a customer service representative will promptly contact you to notify you of any additional charges.
That being said, we don’t always know if your area is remote or will make freight delivery difficult. If you anticipate that a shipping company will have issues reaching your residence, it’s your responsibility to inform us of those issues at the time of purchase. Such problems include but are not limited to: narrow or winding roads, dirt or gravel roads, and vacant establishments. TheBBQHQ is not responsible for shipping costs on merchandise not delivered because of a shipping company's inability to reach a particular location. Additionally, in-home delivery is neither implied nor offered without additional charge, and isn’t necessarily available even if you’re willing to pay more for it.
Shipping to APO/FPO Addresses
We do ship to APO/FPO addresses, but such shipments are subject to USPS size, weight, and content restrictions. If we can’t send a package to your APO/FPO address, we’ll contact you to work out an alternative. Likewise, APO/FPO shipments may be subject to additional shipping fees — if such a case arises, we’ll contact you to notify you of the fees and give you a chance to adjust your shipping address if desired.
Incorrect Addresses & Failed Freight Deliveries
If any item is shipped and returned because it’s not deliverable on account of an incorrect address, you’ll be responsible for shipping both ways. If an item shipped via freight is returned because the freight company couldn’t reach your residence, this will be considered a return, and the order will be subject to our regular return policies.
Shipping Outside of the Continental U.S.
All shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are sent via FedEx 2Day, and as such require an individual quote. If you order via the phone, you will be notified of the extra shipping before you place your order. If you order online, a customer service representative will contact you shortly after your order is placed with the additional shipping charges (before the item is shipped).